Servings: 6 persons
- 2 lb. small potatoes or small Yukon Gold potatoes, washed and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ear fresh corn, in the husk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups red, yellow, or orange cherry tomatoes (or a combination), halved
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
Cook potatoes and corn at the same time. Preheat oven to 450 F.
Put cut potatoes in large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper, tossing well to ensure they are well coated.
Spread out evenly on baking tray in single layer and bake for 20 – 30 minutes until golden brown.
Remove the husk and put the corn on a small baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tsp. of the oil onto the corn and rub it over all the kernels. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Roast, turning the cob occasionally, until the corn kernels are light brown in a few spots, about 20 minutes. Let the corn cool. Cut the kernels from the cob.
Add the corn, tomatoes, red, green, and yellow peppers, onion, basil, and garlic to the potatoes. Toss gently. Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup oil and the vinegar together and add to the salad. Toss again. Season with kosher salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 340mg | Fiber: 4g