- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 carrots, sliced thinly
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (1 tsp if using dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme (1 tsp if using dried)
- 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes, (fire-roasted would be nice too)
- 8 cups low sodium, organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
Combine all ingredients except parsley and spinach in the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Set for 8 hours on low.
Remove bay leaves and add fresh parsley.
Place a small handful of spinach on the bottom of each bowl, top with soup and serve.
Rice or pasta would work well instead of barley.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 989mg | Potassium: 844mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 7860IU | Vitamin C: 48.3mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 2.7mg