Servings: 16 pieces
- 1 whole wheat baguetta cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large honey crisp apple sliced
- 5 ounces goat cheese softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped (candied are great)
- fresh thyme to garnish
If toasting the baguette, preheat oven 350 degrees.
Brush baguette slices with olive oil. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly brown and crisp. Remove from oven and set aside.
In your blender place goat cheese, cream cheese, heavy cream and honey. Blend on high until whipped and fluffy - about 2 minutes. Scrape mixture into a small bowl.
Place baguette slices on serving platter and spread whipped goat cheese mixture over each individual piece. Thinly slice the apple and place one or two pieces on each. Top with chopped pecans and pomegranate arils. Drizzle with honey and top with pecans and chopped thyme sprigs.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.7mg