- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup wild rice or wild rice blend
- 8 ounces asparagus, washed, trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 3 radishes, washed, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 1 cup shredded radicchio
- 2 spring onions, chopped, both white and green parts
- 1/2 cup basil, julienned
- handful of chopped cilantro and parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook rice according to directions. Two minutes before rice done, add asparagus and peas. Set aside. Cool slightly.
Combine dressing ingredients and toss with cooled rice, asparagus and peas.
Add radicchio, radishes, spring onions and fresh herbs. Toss and serve.
Cooking time will depend on the type of wild rice you buy. There are some great wild rice blends that cook up in less than 30 minutes.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 341mg | Potassium: 297mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1130IU | Vitamin C: 13.3mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg