Servings: 4 persons
- 1/2 pound of spiral pasta
- 3 tbsp walnut pesto or regular jarred pesto
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, some halved, leave smaller ones whole
- pinch of red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (or just 1 clove if you’re planning on some kissing!)
- 1 package of baby kale
- a handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
Cook pasta according to directions, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and drain. Place noodles in bowl.
Make pesto according to directions.
In a large skillet heat one tablespoon of olive oil.over medium-high heat, add the tomatoes, red pepper flakes and garlic and cook until tomatoes are blistered; 5-7 minutes. (Alternatively, you can roast the tomatoes for 5-10 minutes under 350 F)
Add pesto to pasta and mix until well coated. Add pasta to tomatoes with kale, half the basil and pasta water and stir until warmed through and water is evaporated.
While pasta is warming, cook your 4 eggs sunny side up.
Serve immediately, topping each dish with one egg, chopped basil and parmesan cheese.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 805IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.9mg