Servings: 2 cups
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- kosher salt
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/3 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 12 ounces rhubarb, trimmed and cut crosswise 1/4 inch thick
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and add wine and raisins. Return to heat, and bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Add sugar, and stir until it dissolves. Stir in half the rhubarb. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, until rhubarb breaks down, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining rhubarb. Raise heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until second batch of rhubarb just begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Let cool completely.
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 865mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 66g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 19.4mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 1.5mg