Servings: 4 persons
- 1/2 lb sugar snap peas – stem ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp sea salt for the blanching water
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp gluten-free butter
- 6 garlic cloves – skinned and finely sliced
- 16 basil leaves – torn in 1” pieces
- 12 mint leaves – torn in 1” pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Put water in saucepan with salt and bring to a boil. Add peas and boil for one minute. Drain and immerse in ice water to stop cooking process.
Melt butter in same saucepan. Add garlic and onions and saute on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add peas, herbs and salt and pepper. Saute for 4 minutes. Top with a few remaining fresh herbs if desired.
Remove and serve.
Serving: 299g | Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.4g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12.1g | Saturated Fat: 7.4g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 1967mg | Potassium: 580mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10.7g | Vitamin A: 2800IU | Calcium: 140mg