- 1 apple, diced. I used Gala apples. Leave skin on if organic.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed, halved
- 6-8 cloves garlic, peeled
- small handful of sprigs of thyme
- 1/4 cup apple cider (Zieglars Apple Cider is gluten free, as are many others)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
Preheat oven to 350 F
Place apples, sprouts and garlic in medium sized bowl.
Combine cider, olive oil and pepper in a small bowl, mixing well. Pour mixture over apple combo and stir gently until well coated.
Spread mixture on baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes and toss. Remove any stray leaves that are getting crunchy. Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes or until sprouts are slightly browned. Remove.
Place in serving bowl and top with pomegranate arils if desired and serve.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 880IU | Vitamin C: 100.7mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1.7mg