- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot finely chopped (add more if desired)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (or try balsamic)
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (or use basil or parsley
Cut half of cherry tomatoes in half. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes.
Add halved and whole tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to release juices, 4-6 minutes. Mash some of tomatoes with a spoon.
Add 1 tablespoon vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or room temperature; add chives just before serving.
DO AHEAD: Vinaigrette can be made (without chives) 2 days ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature and stir in chives.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 30mg | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Iron: 0.1mg