(mid July – late September)
What You Need to Know Before You Come Picking:
- Bring your own container to pick in or we can sell you one here on the farm.
- Always come prepared for the weather with a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and water.
- There is a wagon that takes you out to the field so wear shoes that won’t fall off during the ride.
- The best time of day to come picking is in the mornings and evenings so you and the berries stay cool.
- We grow highbush blueberries. They are “cousins” to wild blueberries and grow on bushes that grow as high as 6-8 feet tall, rather than low to the ground.
- We have buckets available out in the field for you to sit on, or place your container on top, while you are reaching berries up high in the bushes.
- Look underneath the branches and pull gently on the blueberries; when they are ripe they will easily come off the plant
Click here for recipes using blueberries.