(mid July – end August)
You can pick green and yellow beans here on the farm.
What You Need to Know Before You Come Bean Picking:
- Bring your own container to pick in or we can sell you one here on the farm.
- Always come prepared for the weather with a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and water.
- The wagon does not always stop at the bean fields, so ask a wagon driver to drop you off or point you in the right direction.
- The best time of day to come picking is in the mornings and evenings so you and the beans stay cool.
- Do not pull on beans. Snip them off the vine with your fingers.
- Wear long pants, instead of shorts. The ground beneath the rows of beans is usually hot and dusty.
Click here for recipes using beans.