This recipe for sweet and savory Blueberry Pizza will have your eyes popping in surprise and your taste buds thanking you as you do the happy dance. This easy blueberry pizza recipe is baked on naan bread for a tasty shortcut.
Blueberry Season at Barrie Hill Farms
It’s blueberry season and I love being at Barrie Hill Farms to watch everyone’s excitement to climb the wagons and get into the fields to pick. This year the berries are as big as quarters and SO juicy!
Did you know that blueberries contain:
- blueberries are the most nutrient dense of all the berries
- the king of antioxidant foods
- reduce DNA damage which may help protect against aging and cancer
- can help maintain brain function and improve memory
An Easy Blueberry Pizza Recipe
I’ve included pancetta on this pizza but I’m sure it would be delicious without it as well if you’re vegetarian. I don’t cook pancetta very often and every time I do I’m left wondering why I don’t add it to everything, ha. I absolutely love it!
I used mini Naan because you know I’m all about quick and easy. The kids can help with this dish and each make their own. The base is simply honey and goat cheese combined topped with the red onion, pancetta and a little thyme. Bake for 12 minutes and add the blueberries for another 5 minutes and lunch is served!
I will be making these often throughout the summer because I love the look of surprise on everyone’s face when they take their first bite – fabulous!
What’s your favourite dish for the family this summer? Do you have a go-to meal that is sure to please everyone? Share it with me on Instagram so I can share your talents with my followers. Cheers!
- 10 mini naan bread or 5 regular sized
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 12 ounces pancetta cooked and drained
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 2 pints blueberries
- fresh thyme optional, to garnish
- fresh basil cut into this strips, optional, to garnish
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a bowl, combine softened goat cheese and honey until well blended.
- Place the naan on a baking sheet. With the back end of a spoon or knife, spread the goat cheese evenly on the naan, leaving a one inch border. Top with cooked pancetta, red onion and a few sprigs of thyme.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until sides are golden. Add blueberries and return to oven for 3 minutes. Remove and top with thin strips of basil and pepper if desired.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Blueberry Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms