This Easy Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Olives & Basil is a five ingredient dish that makes the most out of fresh summer produce.
I love Chickapea pasta for a healthy salad and the shells seem to be especially well suited to this simple dish. This pasta contains only chickpeas and lentils It’s also packed with protein and fiber – perfect for a quick and easy meatless meal. Use good quality olive oil of your choice. because the success of this dish is entirely dependent on a high quality olive oil.
Let your tomato mixture marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes and then add your cooked pasta. That simple! I like to drizzle a little more oil on top once they are combined but that is optional.
- 1/2 lb lb Chickapea Pasta shells
- 1 lb cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Chickapea Pasta according to directions, drain and rinse
- Combine tomatoes, red onion, olives, capers, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let marinate for 30 minutes on counter or refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Combine pasta and tomato mixture. Drizzle additional olive oil if desired.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Tomato Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms