Thai-Lime Pasta Salad with Shrimp has colorful collection of flavorful ingredients. The spicy dressing adds a deliciously fresh kick to the dish.
To make it even healthier use quinoa pasta. It looks exactly like your regular pasta and is super tasty. The difference? It leaves you feeling much lighter.
I packed this colorful little salad with mango, avocado, lime, tomatoes, shrimp and a variety of peppers and fresh herbs. That’s a lot of flavor!
If you’re treating your family to this salad on a picnic, pack your dressing and salad separately. You can also pack some raw shrimp separately and cook it on the grill at your location if you prefer. If the kids don’t like too much spice, leave out the cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes.
- 8 ounces quinoa pasta or whole wheat pasta, fusili
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp of garlic, minced
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 pound of pre-cooked small shrimp, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- ½ red sweet pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ orange sweet pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Thai chile pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 mango, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 avocado, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
- In large bowl combine shrimp, shallots, peppers, tomatoes, mango and avocado. Add 2 lime wedges to each dish. Top with fresh basil. Serve.
- Rotini pasta is the best kind for this salad as it absorbs the dressing well.
- If you’re taking this recipe to a picnic, pack the shrimp separately on ice and add when serving,
- Pack dressing separately as well and combine with salad just before serving.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Tomato Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms