This Easy 3 Ingredient Blueberry Sauce is made from natural ingredients and takes only twenty minutes to make.
It’s blueberry season and we’re loving all the happy faces in the field! The berries are particularly juicy and plentiful this year and this made us think of an easy sauce recipe to make the most of it.
Keeping It Simple
- Keeping the ingredient list simple is important to maintain this amazing flavor.
- Adding honey and chia seeds adds just the right texture for a sauce that can be used on ice cream, yogurt, chicken, beef and fish.
It would be possible to make jam with these ingredients as well. Simply lessen the amount of cooking time and don’t mash while cooking. Don’t you love a versatile recipe?!
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the blueberries. Add the honey and place on the stove over medium heat.
- As the blueberries begin to soften slightly over the heat, stir them around in their juices and the honey. Use a potato masher or fork to assist in breaking them down.
- Once the berries have softened to the point that they're starting to fall apart, add the chia seeds and stir them in well. Stir until saucy and achieves the thickness you desire.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Blueberry Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms