Baked Salmon with Easy Pasta Salad is a colorful, healthy dish that is so easy the kids can help make it for a special Day dinner! Salmon is always a popular choice and combining it with just a few flavorful ingredients will have your mom doing the happy dance all the way to the dinner table!
This delicious recipe can be made in twenty minutes. When you include roasted salmon in any dish it goes from every day to elegant in no time. The key here is your fresh herbs of parsley, dill and basil. You want a nice quality olive oil as well to enhance the flavors to the max.
- 44 ounce (113g) boneless salmon fillets
- 1 box 8 ounces (227g) Chickapea Pasta shells
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 11/2 cups (223g) grapes tomatoes, halved
- 11/2 cups (223g) zucchini, sliced thinly
- 2 spring onions, chopped. Use all of it.
- 2 lemons, for juice and garnish
- handful parsley, dill and basil
- 2 tbsp (30mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30mL) extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (150g) feta or goat cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place salmon on parchment paper on baking sheet. Salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Let sit for a few minutes while you prepare the salad.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and rinse.
- In a large bowl, add, garlic, grape tomatoes, zucchini, spring onions, basil and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and mix well. Add to vegetables and toss lightly.
- Place baking sheet with salmon in oven for 8-10 minutes depending on thickness of fillets.
- Prepare each plate with a serving of salad and top with salmon a slice of lemon, fresh dill and remaining parsley and basil.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Tomato Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms