|Recipes - Raspberries
||This page is still under construction, and we need recipes! If you'd like to share one of your favourite recipes that uses Barrie Hill Farms products Click Here. With your permission, we'll post it on our site for others to use.|
Layered Raspberry Parfaits
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 eggs, separated
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups crushed raspberries
1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
3/4 cup raspberries
1. In a small sauce pan, sprinkle the gelatin over the lemon juice; let stand for a few minutes to soften. Heat over low heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
2. In top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks with sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add crushed raspberries and gelatin mixture stirring well. Cover over hot water until thickened. cool thoroughly until mixture begins to set. Mix well.
4.In a bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks for; gently fold into raspberry mixture. Fold in whipped cream.
5. Spoon about 1/3 of raspberry mixture into each of 6 parfait glasses. Divide whole raspberries equally among glasses and cover with remaining raspberry mixture.
6. Chill until set. At serving time, garnish each serving with whipped cream, raspberries and mint.